- CY2021 total sales up 147%
- CY2021 calendar year Q4 sales up 153%
- Best fourth quarter calendar year in company history
- Best calendar year RVR total sales ever
- Best calendar year Outlander dealer retail since 2009
Mississauga, ON January 5, 2022 –Mitsubishi Motor Sales of Canada, Inc. announces record sales as it closes 2021, laying an excellent foundation for the company as it celebrates its 20th year in Canada in 2022. Fourth quarter sales (calendar year) of 5,505 units, represented the best fourth quarter in the company’s history with a sales jump of 153% year over year including Eclipse Cross’ best dealer retail quarter in its history.
In an environment rife with challenges, Mitsubishi Motors saw solid sales success and strong recovery achieving 23,644 total sales, an increase of 147% year over year driven by record breaking RVR calendar year sales with 8,704 units delivered, followed by the best Outlander dealer retail sales since 2009.
“2021 is a true testament of Mitsubishi Motors ability to adapt. As we continue to navigate the ever-changing and challenging environment, our focus on partnership with our dealers will continue to drive our success,” said Kenji Harada, President and CEO, Mitsubishi Motor Sales of Canada, Inc. “In 2022, we will celebrate 20 years in Canada and in this landmark year we have an opportunity to once again take a big step forward with the launch of the all-new Outlander PHEV.”
Key 2021 highlights included:
- The launch of the all-new Outlander on Amazon Live in February 2021
- Launch of the all-new Outlander in dealerships in Spring 2021
- Launch of the refreshed Eclipse Cross in Spring 2021
- Continued growth and investment in dealerships
- The launch of Click Shop, an online end-to-end tool that helped facilitate dealer sales in a challenged market with shortages
- Support for the community with a $150,000+ donation to Food Bank of Canada and local food banks across the country; as well as support for the Red Cross BC Flood campaign
About Mitsubishi Motor Sales of Canada, Inc.
Mitsubishi Motor Sales of Canada, Inc. (MMSCAN) is the sales, service, parts and marketing arm for Japan’s Mitsubishi Motors. MMSCAN has a product range consisting of the sub-compact hatchback Mirage, RVR sub-compact crossover, Eclipse Cross, the all-new Outlander, and Outlander PHEV. MMSCAN supports its dealerships with a head office team and parts distribution centre — both located in Mississauga, Ontario. Established in 2002, MMSCAN celebrates 20 year strong in 2022. The company and its dealerships employ over 1,200 people in communities large and small.