Mississauga, ON – January 5, 2020 – Mitsubishi Motor Sales of Canada, Inc. (MMSCAN) reported today end of third quarter results with 3,594 vehicles sold and end of calendar 2020 year results of 16,092 vehicles sold, down 33 and 37 per cent respectively. Sales results reflect the significant disruptions to business as a result of COVID-19. Prior to the pandemic, MMSCAN achieved three back-to-back record-breaking sales years in a row. As Mitsubishi Motors moves into 2021, the company sets its sights on a product transformation plan that will see its entire line-up refreshed or completely new in the first half.
For calendar year 2020, 4,607 RVRs (1041 in Q3) were delivered, Outlander closely followed with 4,513 (833 in Q3) sold, Outlander PHEV had 2,802 (829 in Q3) deliveries, 2972 (676 in Q3) Eclipse Cross vehicles were delivered and lastly 1,198 (215 in Q3) Mirage subcompact hatchbacks were sold.
- MY2021 RVR arrived in dealership showrooms in December
- Redesigned MY2021 Mirage is hitting showrooms now
- An upgraded MY2021 Outlander PHEV lands on Canadian shores in the first quarter of the calendar year; the vehicle continues to be Canada’s top-selling plug-in hybrid SUV
- A redesigned MY2022 Eclipse Cross arrives in Canada in the first quarter of the calendar year
- An all-new next generation MY2022 Outlander will be unveiled in February and will arrive in Canadian dealerships in spring of 2021
About Mitsubishi Motor Sales of Canada, Inc.
Mitsubishi Motor Sales of Canada is the sales, service, parts and marketing arm for Japan’s Mitsubishi Motors. With a product range consisting of Mirage, RVR sub-compact crossover, Outlander compact sport utility and Outlander PHEV, and Eclipse Cross, MMSCAN supports its dealerships with a head office team and parts distribution centre both located in Mississauga, Ontario. Established in 2002, MMSCAN and its dealerships employ over 1,200 people in communities large and small.