- Best Dealer Retail First Quarter of the Calendar year in Company’s 20 Year History
- Top-selling nameplate for the quarter – the refreshed Eclipse Cross
- 162% Total Sales increase fiscal YOY
- Top-seller RVR achieves best sales year ever
- The all-new Outlander achieves best sales ever for fiscal year
- Recently refreshed Eclipse Cross achieves best total sales ever for fiscal year
Mississauga, ON – April 1, 2022 – Kicking off its 20th year on a high note, Mitsubishi Motor Sales of Canada, Inc. (MMSCAN) closed their fiscal year with 25,454 vehicles sold, making their 2nd best fiscal year in the company’s 20 years in Canada. This represents a 37% increase over last fiscal year despite the industry wide production shortage.
Key fiscal year (April 2021 – March 2022) standouts include:
- Best fiscal year total sales for RVR with 8,912 vehicles delivered, an increase of 20 % over the previous best fiscal in 2017, and an increase of 86% year over year.
- Best fiscal year total sales for Outlander (ICE) with 8,056 vehicles delivered, an increase of 8% over the previous best fiscal year in 2017, and an increase of 91% year over year.
- Best fiscal year sales Eclipse Cross with 5,330, an increase of 8%, over the previous best fiscal year in 2019, and an increase of 74% year over year.
Results for the first quarter of calendar year 2022 were also strong with 6,693 vehicles sold, a 37% increase year-over-year and the best dealer retail first quarter of the calendar year in the company’s history. Continuing on an upswing, the strong quarter follows the previous record quarter and a trend of strong results over the course of the year.
“In a time when supply issues have ravaged the industry, Mitsubishi Motors has bucked the trend working hand in hand with its dealership partners to overcome challenges together. With our focus on dealer retail sales and supporting our dealer network, we could not be prouder of dealer results. This year is our 20th anniversary, and we’ll looking to maintain our momentum particularly with the launch of Outlander PHEV later this year,” said Kenji Harada, President and CEO, Mitsubishi Motor Sales of Canada, Inc.
Fiscal year 2021 was transformative for the brand, the company launched the all-new 2022 Outlander in Canada, the company’s next generation flagship, a redesigned Eclipse Cross and a fresh line-up of redesigned or upgraded vehicles. The company will launch the much-anticipated Outlander PHEV in the second half of 2022.
|Nameplate||Q1 – 2021||Q1- 2022||FY2020||FY2021|
|Mirage||192 (includes G4)||406||993||1125|
About Mitsubishi Motor Sales of Canada, Inc.Mitsubishi Motor Sales of Canada, Inc. (MMSCAN) is the sales, service, parts and marketing arm for Japan’s Mitsubishi Motors. MMSCAN has a product range consisting of the sub-compact hatchback Mirage, RVR sub-compact crossover, Eclipse Cross, the all-new Outlander, and Outlander PHEV. MMSCAN supports its dealerships with a head office team and parts distribution centre — both located in Mississauga, Ontario. Established in 2002, MMSCAN celebrates 20 years strong in 2022. The company and its dealerships employ over 1,200 people in communities large and small.